– Jamb Regularization –
Are you aspiring to any higher institutions? Do you want to know the JAMB regulation Guidelines and also know the closing date for 2022/2023? If yes, this article will guide you on how to do JAMB regularization and all you need to know.
JAMB Regularization is a way that JAMB ensures that the matriculation Board validates candidates’ current admission details with the school that has offered admission to such candidates in their database.
Also, with the goal of either securing admission or granting an admission letter/registration number.
The JAMB regularization letter is a procedure for settling or regulating either ND, HND, OND, or NCE type of university admission, as well as clearing the JAMB status of successful students.
Things you should also note about Jamb Regularization
You should note that it’s also for:
1. Students who have been offered admission to tertiary institutions but do not have a JAMB admission letter.
2. Students who did remedial/Pre-degree programmes like BASIC programme or CERTIFICATE programme or direct application to the school.
3. Students who did not register for JAMB during the year they were offered admission (that is, from basic and certificate programmes).
This allows candidates that were being given admission but with no prior record with JAMB to register on the platform.
Who Needs to do JAMB Regularization?
1. Direct Entry applicants: Students who have been given admission to their previous programs without JAMB will be required to do JAMB regularization before they proceed to the JAMB CBT centre for their direct entry form application.
2. HND Students: There are two conditions for which they can ask HND students to do it.
‣ Before being given HND admission, the school will ask you to do JAMB regularization in order not to delay your NYSC because you will need your JAMB registration number for NYSC.
‣ Some schools may wait till you graduate before they ask you to do regularization in order to be mobilized for national service.
Requirements needed for JAMB Regularization
1. There must be a JAMB Result for an applicant who already has a valid JAMB Registration Number. Also, If you don’t have a JAMB number, you are eligible to apply for regularization.
2. You will also need your O’level Result, that is; WAEC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB or Combined Results.
3. There should be a Passport photograph and also the Candidates’ Details, that is: Address, Date Of Birth, Email Address, Gender, GSM number, Marital Status, Names, Origin, Previous JAMB Registration Number, Year Of Enrollment.
4. However, there will be for Candidate’s institution Details, that is: Institution Enrolled, Reason for not Being on the JAMB List, Matriculation Number, Matriculation Year, Year of Graduation, Serial No. which is on the Graduating List, Head of Institution, Registrar.
5. And present course studying in the Institution.
How to do JAMB Regularization 2022/2023
Here is the procedure:
1. Walk into any of the Nearest JAMB Accredited centres or CyberCafe.
2. You need to go with all the requirements listed above.
3. Then make your payments.
4. The JAMB Official who is attending to you will process your JAMB regularization with ease.
5. The JAMB Official will confirm your information to complete the form.
6. Make sure you get your printout after completion of the form and upon submission.
7. Submit the printed and signed form to your school admission office.
8. The admission officer will then submit it to the JAMB Office in your institution state.
9. Your institution will submit your form to the JAMB office in your state or maybe to their headquarters in Abuja.
10. You will receive a notification via Email address.
11. All Covid-19 protocols and safety measures should be observed.
How to do JAMB Regularization for Part-Time/Sandwich And Distance Learning Students
1. All Students are to carry out the process at any approved JAMB CBT Centre and fill JAMB Indemnity Form.
2. The form needs to be endorsed and signed by the Dean, Also, School of Continuing Education (SCE) or Part-Time Studies of your Institution after completion by the students, for onward submission to the JAMB office.
3. After approval of the indemnity Forms by the JAMB, students can then visit the JAMB Website to print their Admission letters and have their respective REG numbers.
4. Prospective Part-Time Candidates who wish to enrol in any of the Part-Time / Sandwich programmes in any Nigerian Tertiary Institution MUST first enrol with JAMB by purchasing the JAMB Part-Time / Sandwich /
How to Make Payment for Regularization 2022
1. Visit the JAMB regularization portal. Go to where the Transaction ID is generated, make sure you cross-check the details displayed on the Confirmation Page.
2. Also, click on the ‘ pay button‘ online using your ATM Card details or you can use other methods like bank deposit, or Quickteller, using your transaction ID. Then, click on ‘Pay’ to complete your payment.
3. If your payment is complete, then click on ‘continue’ on the link sent to you. Also, you will be redirected to the completion page and you will be asked to fill in your JAMB Registration Number, Year of Exam.
4. Finally, when you enter the above details correctly, it will redirect to the JAMB regularization application form. Now, complete the form with the required information.
5. Then lastly click on ‘submit’ to submit your application.
How to Check Your JAMB Regularization Status
Below are the procedures to check your regularization status:
1. Log in to https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility/checkmatriculationlist
2. Select the year you wrote your JAMB examination in the first space.
3. Enter your JAMB registration number in the second space displayed on the screen..
4. Click “fetch my details” to see your profile status.
5. If approved, proceed to print your admission letter.
Please Note: if your name is not found on the JAMB matriculation list, then you have to do regularization.
Closing Date for JAMB Regularization 2022
Actually, there is no specific date or deadline for the 2022 JAMB regularization process yet.
However, this simply means that interested persons can carry out the process anytime they wish since they already have a Jamb account on the Jamb portal.
Frequently Asked Questions about Jamb Regularization
1. Will I be sent a PIN after completing my JAMB regularization?
It’s not the PIN you’re expecting, it’s a fresh JAMB registration number if you didn’t fill any during the application.
If you supplied a previous registration number during the application, you will wait for a confirmation message for your approval.
2. What website do you visit for JAMB regularization?
You will visit https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility./
Also, you will first create a JAMB profile before you fill out for JAMB regularization. Do this at any CBT centre.
3. What is the closing date for JAMB regularization?
It doesn’t end or close. This is because it is a continuous exercise throughout the year. You can register anytime any day.
4. How much is the JAMB regularization fee?
Jamb Regularization fee is N5,000. Also, you need to be aware that an internet café or CBT centre will charge you for their extra services.
5. Does regularization involve biometric or fingerprint taking?
No, it doesn’t. However, you will need your SSCE results and passport photo.
6. What if there are errors or mistakes during the registration process, how do I correct them?
You can’t correct any mistakes made. Therefore, you need to pay more attention to important details such as date of birth, gender, town/city, state, etc.
Let us know how this article was helpful to you in the comment section below. Feel free to share this information with friends, family, and on social media.